As a senior data scientist, you should be able to solve complex problems in products and theory and to drive innovation and expertise across areas such as NLP, Bayesian, and Deep Learning.
The role involves:
- Driving innovation by finding, evaluating and where necessary identifying drawbacks or limitations with state of the art solutions, in line with the company’s medium/long term plans.
- Specialisation in set of areas of interest and expertise such as development frameworks or languages
- Production of market leading papers for publication through international conferences and journals.
- Supporting and technically leading other data scientists within the team
- Helping define the shape and prioritisation of R&D topics in the medium term
- Provide technical lead support on external projects in collaboration with academic and industrial partners
- Supporting and mentoring junior staff through review of work and sharing of knowledge and expertise
- Supporting and advising team members in software design and implementation at a production level.
- Presenting work internally and externally to audiences including management teams, customers, conferences, or research institutions
- Contributing to the estimation and prioritisation of work in the short-medium term to help formulate Epics
- Having a good understanding of the roles and duties of a scrum team within an Agile framework
- Supporting and contributing to sprints
- Engaging with clients on a technical level in support of the Caspian project lead
- Gaining broad financial services domain and business understanding
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent programming skills in python or R.
- Strong background knowledge in machine learning and statistical data analysis
- Demonstrated strong expertise in one or more of the following topics: Natural Language Processing, Bayesian Learning, Deep Learning
- At least 3 years’ experience in a machine learning framework: e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn and others
- Strong Mathematical background
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and proactive with excellent team-work skills
- Good knowledge of code management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired skills and experience
- Good understanding of Agile software development
- Participation in open source libraries
- Published scientific papers
- PhD degree.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies for a rapidly growing and innovative company
- Training allowance to grow your skills
- A chance to be part of a close-knit team working in a dynamic challenging environment
- A 35-hour working week. 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Visit our careers page here to find out more
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Caspian specialise in the automated investigation of high volume, complex risk alerts for financial services firms. Our technology analyses alerts and provides fully explained risk judgements in seconds across domains including Anti Money Laundering and Customer Due Diligence. With human readable, regulator friendly solutions that are already being used in a Top 5 Global Bank, it is technology that will revolutionise financial services workforces.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your C.V.