Caspian helps banks protect themselves from money launderers by using machine learning and artificial intelligence to detect and investigate transactions and commercial entities at scale. Our systems are used by some of the largest banks around the world.
We currently have a team of 20+ developers and data scientists and we are growing fast. We are looking for an agile-native project manager, or senior project manager, to help support and lead that growth
This is an outstanding opportunity to help solve important social problems, using state-of-the-art technology, in one of the best cities in the UK.
About the Role
The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organising, and motivating our scrum teams. At a senior level you will be responsible for delivery across the whole organisation, and working closely with very high profile customers with complex requirements.
You’ll know if you’re doing your job right if:
- Everyone on your scrum teams are productively and happily working on tasks that will deliver on the organisation’s key goals.
- Senior stakeholders, including customers and partners, are happy that the teams are delivering according to expectations
- All individuals involved see you as the source of truth about progress and plans
Essential Job Requirements
|Project Planning and Management||Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects|
|Team Management||Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work|
|Product Owner Support||Support the Product Owner in ensuring goals and requirements are well defined, managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance|
|Process Management and Improvement||Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management|
|Team Building||Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team|
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle, and both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software development projects using Agile methodologies.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide credible support to development teams
At a senior level we would expect:
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10 team members
- Experience of collaborating with customers to develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Ability to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Very effective interpersonal skills including collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate agile project management tools such as Jira
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
What we offer
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies for a rapidly growing and innovative company
- Training allowance to grow your skills
- A chance to be part of a close-knit team working in a collaborative environment for high profile customers
- A 35 hour working week. 25 days holiday + bank holidays
To apply please email email@example.com including a copy of your C.V.