We help banks protect themselves from money launderers by using machine learning and artificial intelligence to detect and investigate transactions and commercial entities at scale. Our systems are used by some of the world’s largest banks.
Money laundering is the oxygen that fuels crime and corruption. About 6.7% of global GDP, worth US$5.8tn, is due to criminal activity, including drugs, arms, and human trafficking, international terrorism, and illegal environmental destruction. Three quarters of these funds are then laundered through the international financial system.
Who we’re looking for
We are always interested in talking to talented individuals. At present we have a particular focus on developers and testers, data scientists, project managers, analysts, and product owners with experience and qualifications in machine learning, artificial intelligence, cloud architectures, and/or anti-money laundering.
However a proven ability to tackle big problems, proactively find solutions, and to learn new techniques and technologies is as important as the list of languages you know or roles you’ve had – so we are as interested in your side projects or the extra-curricular learning you’ve done as much as your formal qualifications or former roles.
How we work
We solve hard problems for high profile global customers. This requires that:
- We use advanced technologies, but only if they solve a problem. We happily use simple solutions if they work!
- We use agile (scrum) to manage risk and ensure delivery, but have clear goals that ensure a steady focus
- We have an honest, open and inclusive internal culture
- We publish our insights regularly to encourage peer to peer learning
- We collaborate closely with local universities, through internships and joint research projects
We offer the opportunity to learn and work with the latest technologies and tools to build our solutions:
- Development: Containerised microservice architecture using C# and Python on GCP, AWS, and private cloud.
- Data Science: Development of beyond state-of-the-art solutions in machine learning and explainable AI using natural language processing, Bayesian statistics and deep learning
- QA: behaviour-driven development using tools such as Cucumber, Selenium, and PACT
- Project Management: Collaborate across functional teams with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
Being part of a world-first initiative to transform financial risk management for the better isn’t the only benefit of life at Caspian. We provide the support and flexibility you need to excel at everything you do both inside and outside of work.
- Modern city centre office space in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Great facilities including shower, kitchen and tea/coffee making!
- Regular company-wide updates and socials
- Family-friendly working environment
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- 35-hour weeks with flexible working
- Ongoing investment in personal development
- Competitive rewards for all employees
How to apply
Help us to solve important problems, using state-of-the-art technology, in one of the best cities in the UK.
Our current vacancies can be found are here. If you don’t find your ideal vacancy then we’d still really like to hear from you. We’re a fast growing business and always interested in talking to exceptional individuals from a diverse variety of backgrounds. Contact us at email@example.com and we’ll reply personally.
You can also follow us on LinkedIn for regular updates.
Below are some of our featured vacancies. For a complete list of all vacancies, please click the view all jobs button at the top or bottom of this page.
As a senior data scientist, you should be able to solve complex problems in products and theory and to drive innovation and expertise across areas such as NLP, Bayesian, and…
Development of web technologies and tools for our Machine Learning solutionsParticipate in all aspects of the SDLC including sprint planning, design, architecture, code reviews, TDD.Taking ownership of end-to-end project developmentMentorship…